Saturday, February 27, 2010

Soup Sort of Day

When you have tried every way possible to have a good attitude regarding the weather it is time for soup to make the whole mess all better. Today it will be 15 bean soup with a big ham bone from the freezer. What I really appreciate about this hearty soup is there are plenty of leftovers to freeze and have for Mr. B's lunches (he works close enough to come home). I think I will try a new biscuit recipe so I can cross that off my personal challenge of baking. I will let you know which cookbook I choose next post.
Mr. B. and I are going thrifting so I'd better sign off for now. Have a wonderful weekend.






5 comments:

Kami said...

15 bean soup brings back memories....

Princess and the Pea said...

If you are looking for a good biscuit recipe, try Mary Berry's Baking Bible - there are some fabby biscuits in there. I cook a batch for my hubby (also Mr B) every week (he's addicted to biscuits - he replaced his smoking habit with a biscuit habit and as the latter is likely to make him fat, I now ration them out!) the double chocolate cookie is simply delish! If you want the recipe, send me an email and I'll gladly send it over! Kat x

Sherri B. said...

Thanks so much for the offer, I would love the recipe and I will look up Mary Berry's Baking Bible too.

Floss said...

Sounds good - all mine seem to be chicken-based! I guess it helps that we live opposite a great chicken farm...

Is your biscuit our scone? I love them.

Sherri B. said...

Floss. That is a very interesting question which gave me pause to wonder just what do mean when you say scone? Is it the scone that we call scone or something else? My post tomorrow will address this and if the blogging photo gods are smiling on me I may be able to put pictures to names and make all well in the baking world across the pond. See you tomorrow.