Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Michelle's Entry


Hood Acre Farms

Another near and dear to my heart entry. These are a few of my sister Michelle's favorites. She shares a home with our mother who likes to be 'in charge' of the kitchen so her time using her books have been limited...We are trying to get mom to loosen the reigns on the stove a bit.
My sister is a real trooper and I am very proud of her. She was diagnosed with breast cancer this spring and has just completed the last of her chemo. Next week I will be going down to Portland for her surgery on the 19th. She has been a shining example of how faith in
God and a positive attitude can help a person not just get through a difficult time but become a stronger and more vital individual in the process. She has a blog which I have been encouraging (nagging) her to post more often so if you want, pay her a visit at Hood Acre Farms
*
Here is her email: As of yet, I am not much of a cook, however, I love the country life, being a farmgirl/cowgirl, and surrounding myself with lots of animals. I want to learn how to cook simple down home meals like they prepared on the prairie or out on the range while wrangling cattle. There is a myriad of cookbooks out there for my taste, but it is quite overwhelming as where to begin. So, when I stumbled upon the cookbook: Cowgirl Cuisine: Rustic Recipes and Cowgirl Adventures from a Texas Ranch, I knew I had found the book I would love to win.

Best of luck to all contestants!
Michelle
*
Thank you Michelle for your entry and good luck.
*
*
Remember that tomorrow is the last day to enter. The winner will be announced on Friday when you will meet a new character in the saga of the Little House. We have asked Miss E. who lives across the road and is 82 yrs. young, to help with the giveaway.

7 comments:

Kami said...

What a fun cookbook!! And yes, she sure is a trooper...

Magic Bean said...

Good luck to all the cookbook entries. Can't enter as mine are all in a dark cupboard- I tend not to follow instructions...!

Thanks for lovely comments over on magic beans, have a great weekend, Ax

Rebecca Nelson said...

Wow...what a fun cookbook!!!!!

Sorry to read of your sister's illness. May she continue to heal and GROW STRONG!

xoRebecca

Princess and the Pea said...

Well done to your sister for being so strong and brave, I hope she continues to get better and that your mum treats her to some time in the kitchen! x

Lola Nova said...

I've just been catching up on the cookbook collections, how wonderful to see all these amazing people and books! Hooray!
Best wishes to your sister, my thoughts will be with your family for her upcoming surgery.

Vijay said...

hi visiting and dropping on your blog..

so to be frank do u like my blog..if so follow and drop a comment ..if u dont like means just dont drop a comment ..

Valerie said...

Prayers going out to your sister on continued healing. So happy to hear she is doing well.

I haven't seen her cookbook cowgirl cruisine she talked about. Looks wonderful!

Heading over to Hood Acre Farms.

XO,
Valerie