Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Sad Day

This morning, Rainier, Oregon's police chief, Ralph Painter, was shot and killed. My husband served on the force with him when we lived in that little town. All of the details are not clear at this time but it seems that many police and agencies were involved and many shots fired. It is likely that other police friends were involved in this horrid event....This is so upsetting and my poor husband, I can only imagine how he feels, there's no telling for sure, as he, like most guys do not say much and since I am down here in Vancouver and he is up in Anacortes I can only do so much....I am sorry that I am rambling, it is just such a shock and this will have such an effect on the entire county as it is made up of little cities and the law enforcement is so close.
Here is a news site if you want to check it out.
I will close for now.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

This is so sad we had a officer shot a few years ago on Christmas eve and your right when its a small town it just has such an impact on the community...your poor hubby!

Lola Nova said...

It's been all on the news here. I just feel so much for his family and friends. Your Mr. must be beside himself.
From the sound of it, he was a good man and a fixture in the community. A sad day indeed.

Heather said...

Yes, I heard it on the radio today. I'm saddened for the community's loss and the loss his dear family will have to bear. Oooh, I wish I could take it all way. How can life be so painful and yet so sweet? Bless you:)

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh my goodness, such tragic news. My thoughts go with his poor family and all those grieving for this man. xx

Monica said...

What terrible news for your community. My thoughts go out to you.

Princess and the Pea said...

Oh Sherri, how sad. I don't even know what to say, please pass on my thoughts to Mr B. x

Debby said...

I am so sorry. It is always just so sad when an officier looses his life protecting our lives.
We had an officer die in Ohio last week.
A young woman. So sad.
My son is a officer for the federal government. I worry about his safety as well.
Prayers and Hugs

- said...

Very sad and complicated I am sure. I hope your husband will be okay about it all in time.