Monday, January 3, 2011

A Photo Challenge

Get your cameras out if taking more photos in 2011 is on your list. Lola Nova has begun a challenge started by Nancy, of Fledge and I am joining in. Yesterday I put the dogs and my camera in the car and headed to town to run a couple of errands and snap 10 pictures in 10 minutes ...confession, I took 15 min. and 11 photos, as Maggie insisted she be in the group if she had to go along with the entire odd event.
I do encourage you to join in and give it a try. It was interesting to realize that I don't really 'see' many things around me. Part of the challenge is that the photos must not be altered after you snap it, so what you see behind the lens is what you get...I love it!

Ten days is a long time for me to stick with something so we will see if I can have the discipline to do it.

It is Tuesday so I am down the 5 today. Christmas decorations and boxes await and some pruning will be done also on this trip.

Have a great day.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a fun challenge. I have a fancy camera on its way in the mail as we speak. Might be fun to learn what it's capable of with something like this.

I like your photos, by the way!

Monica said...

Like your photos. Hmm, sounds like a great idea and we have a new camera that I need to get the hang of. 10 days could actually be doable for me. I had been considering 1 a day for 365 days, but...

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Sounds like a fun challenge...I will check back in and see what you have discovered! happy New year!

Heidi said...

Sheri this sounds like fun! I love your photos
they look amazing. Is that the puget Sound?

Princess and the Pea said...

That sound like a plan for my new camera! Will pop over and have a look!

Heather said...

Very neat idea... I think I will have to investigate further! Your photo collage turned out fabulous, Sherri.

Michelle said...

I am going to take on the challenge. Only, I will post mine on my hood acre farms blog and not the beak whisperer. Should be loads of fun.

Anonymous said...

Sherri

Are you in Anacortez? I just found out a friend of mine is moving there... I like that challenge...because like you said it forces you to 'see' things you did not before.

And I like what you see!

Lola Nova said...

Oh, I don't know how I missed this, I love it!
What a great combination of photos, I like how the blue ties them all together.