Monday, January 17, 2011

Meet Daisy and 10 in 10 #6

This is Daisy and the other girls having a afternoon snack. What was that, you think that looks just like Howard? Well guess what? Howard is a girl and left a white egg. Mr. B. renamed 'her' last night. Now I am on the search for Donald, as I think it would be marvelous to have ducklings..how cute.

Did you know it was just released by the fashion people and decorating czars that 'Rust' is the new color? I felt it my duty to all of my readers to keep up with the latest and be the first, in blog land to use this 'hip' hue in a collage.

Actually, the color looked more like what we called 'burnt orange' back in the 70's. Hmm?

This Friday we will begin the entries for the giveaway on Friday January 28th, my 1st blog post anniversary. I would like it if you would help me out with some suggestions of decorating, craft or cookbook titles that you would like to see offered. Please mention it in the comments and on Friday I will have all of the details for the giveaway.

Thanks and have a nice evening.



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to be hip. :)

I've actually always liked "burnt orange" or "rust" or whatever they're calling it. Your collage is awesome!

As for cookbooks, one of my all-time favorites is the Moosewood cookbook (already own it), but others might want to try for the giveaway. I've been wanting to buy a good bread baking cookbook - something by Peter Reinhart. I'm not too familiar with craft/decorating books, so I won't be of much use to you there.

Heather said...

All of the girls look wonderful and happy:)

Lovely collage (again). I love orange-y brown-y and rusty, perfect!

Heidi said...

Thats so cute, Daisy not a Donald after all!
What have I missed I have to catch up I have been sick for a few days!! I'm off to catch up with you.

Michelle said...

Orange is my favorite color. I am interested in finding a book on how to make your own root cellars. It just seems like wintering over veggies is not as successful as it used to be in the olden days. Just a thought.

Love the picture of Daisy. She is a cutie!

Ann said...

Love your collage...and your girls look so cute:)

Rust is a nice shade of orange...so many nice things with that color...

ted and bunny said...

oh rust! So my car is now fashionable! YAY!!
xx

Monica said...

Daisy, how cute! All she needs is a pink bow. ;) Loving set #6. I have finally found a collage program to use (picasa, duh) and will be posting my first set this week.

Monica said...

Oh, I forgot to add a book suggestion. How about Decorate, by Holly Becker (www.decor8blog.com, www.hollymaus.blogspot.com). The only thing is that it is not coming out until March 25th, but it looks to be promising. For cookbooks, I love all the Jamie Oliver books and for a classic Marcella Hazan's Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. I also second the Moosewood Cookbook suggestion and since I am on a roll The Daily Soup Cookbook. :)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Wow, Daisy instead of Howard.... hmmm, sounds like the kind of mistake I'd make ;)

I'm so happy to hear that we're going to be "en vogue" with all of our rust and rusty items around here... who knew? Now if only I'd heard about this a couple of months ago... maybe we could have salvaged the "lovely" rust carpeting we pulled out of the Peach Palace!

~Chris

Lola Nova said...

Love the rusty collage, beautiful tones!
Ha, I love that Howard, I mean Daisy left you an egg!
A Mario Batali cook book has been on my wish list for a while.

meemsnyc said...

I love rust color. Reminds me of Autumn. A blog anniversary, congrats!

- said...

Rust you say! I'm remembering an outfit I had back in 1979...thereabouts! It had lots of rust colored flowers on it. I'm still hoping for a craft book of some sort.