Monday, November 15, 2010

Festive Hooking

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed having hook in hand. I learned the craft in my teen years from my great auntie Ella and when Lola Nova made little crowns for her pumpkins I was smitten and was excited to follow the tutorial that she offered, thanks Lola Nova.
Please do not look too close as I made some goofs (there might be some extra petals) but I decided to just have fun with these little gems.

How about adding a little cozy decor for your candle while addressing your cards or . . .

. . . while listening to your favorite tunes as you get in the mood to put those decorations up. These could be used at any time of the year and in so many different ways. They are really quite quick to whip up especially after you get the first one down, so I suggest you check out Lola Nova's instructions.
*
Have a nice Monday.


9 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Oh Sherri, they are stunning! I love the ornaments how gorgeously festive! Thank you so much for posting these, it's all about having fun and making them your own way, so no goofs!
Just wonderful!

Heather said...

Just lovely, Sherri. Your Christmas decor looks so inviting... sparkly blue and white. I hope you share more as the season progresses.

Heidi said...

I love them, so are you telling me you have started to decorate your house because I'm ready!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I love them. Good job. :)

Kami said...

Beautiful!! And love how your pictures turned out.

Jo Dumoulin said...

Very impressive.. I'm rubbish at knitting and crochet, all fingers and thumbs.
Jo xx

Life in Rehab said...

Just beautiful! Yarn crafts and I do not get along, so I'm doubly impressed!

Anonymous said...

Well I see you found me, but for some reason my first post on my new blog is like non- existant....shucks, I new I pushed too many wrong buttons, but thought I had cleared that all up..mmmmm frack!

Your little oranments are really cute,but I really like the little deer!

Princess and the Pea said...

Very cute Sherri and I love your little bambi! X