Friday, May 3, 2013

Picked By My Honey

Last evening, when my hubby and I were walking with Jack the dog along the lane, I mentioned to him that I needed to find some flowers for Fresh Cut Friday. I went back into the house to start dinner and when he and the dog came back, he had these sweet wild narcissus that were out right in the middle of the field.  Every year they come back in the same place with nothing but field all around them.



 The fragrance is intoxicating, I so wish you could smell them too.



 
Another nice surprise, lilacs...he found them on his way back along the edge of the field. We have never noticed them before, but will now be enjoying them every Spring too.

I am joining up with Liz at her blog Rose Vignettes where she hosts Fresh Cut Friday. It's not too late for you to join in too.

I am wishing you all a very happy weekend.  xo

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful and I also love those lilacs!

Naturally Carol said...

Just as our winter is closing in on us it is lovely and amazing to be able to enjoy spring flowers with you. Just beautiful!

vintage grey said...

They are gorgeous and I can only imagine how wonderfully they smell! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

There is nothing quite as beautiful, to me, as the sweet smell of fresh lilacs! I am anxiously awaiting the blooming of my huge bush. We are a little behind this year. Your flowers are so pretty. Have a nice weekend. Linda

Leigh said...

I haven't seen lilacs since I was a little girl. The town I grew up in even had a Lilac Festival every year. They don't grow well where I live now. And I've never seen wild narcissus. Stunning! 5 stars for your hubby!

polkadotpeticoat said...

What a guy you have....they are lovely! Heidi

Unknown said...

What a sweet guy, that husband of yours. And the flowers he picked are so gorgeous, so your husband not only IS nice but he also has a nice taste.

Hold on to that guy!

http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be/

Liz @ Sit With Me In My Garden said...

Oh how lucky to have two such wonderful flowers to enjoy! Kudos to your husband for picking them for you!!

Stephanie said...

Oh Sherri, how beautiful! Truly gorgeous and I can almost smell the lilacs :) My lilac bushes are just starting to get small leaves -hopefully the frost won't kill them. Thanks for sharing!

Love and hugs!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of Fresh Flower Friday. Both of your flowers give off such distinctive smells I could almost think I .........

prince snow farm said...

He is a great picker!

ted and bunny said...

scented flowers- sooooooooooooo gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So Lovely! :) I wish we could grow lilacs! :) They are so romantic. Beautiful pictures.

Thank you so much for joining in for Fresh-Cut Friday!
~Liz

Kami said...

Those are so beautiful! And my lilacs are coming on as well - I can't wait to pick them!

Delvalina said...

How cute and amazing lilacs. I love the colors :)

I hope you enjoy your spring my friend.

Blessing.

Delvalina

Unknown said...

Aww, what a sweet husband. I've never smelled narcissus before, but I know lilacs smell amazing. We've got some growing here, too. :)