Thursday, June 17, 2010

Colored Ceilings

Yes painted ceilings! It hasn't been that long ago that you would never leave a ceiling white, it would be like a sin. I am jumping up and down over this and feel this look really finishes a room off. The lovely CreamyLife.com did a nice job of pulling these shots together to give us a feel for this. The entire site is inspiring and I can hardly wait to get my list done today to go back and look at more past posts. Take a look around and I am sure you will find plenty of things for your wish list.
This is a bit formal for my taste but I still like the effect.
*
*
*
Love this. That color takes your eye right up to the formal light fixture in such a simple kitchen.
*
*
*
Picture this space with a white ceiling....nothing really happening.
*
*
*

I will leave you with this one. I am amazed at how the red above and in the flowers, makes this room such a boss (chandelier helps too).
*
*
I am off and running, wishing you all a very productive day.




3 comments:

Heather said...

Love this idea... I painted the ceiling of my entry way and it looks so cozy.

ted and bunny said...

You're right, they are lovely photos and the ceilings look fab...but they're all SUCH a glorious height- although my kitchen ceiling is painted cheer-you-up yellow in with the walls, the other rooms in our little home here are a bit low to take colour, but I think a red ceiling will go on my dream-house wish list!
xx

Andi's English Attic said...

Lovely pics. I'm about to paint our kitchen ceiling. I hadn't realised how dirty it was. I think our Aga creates most of the black. Not looking forward to the job but am looking forward to the results.
Thanks for the address of the china replacement site. Shall be looking into it today.
Have a great weekend. xx