Friday, February 11, 2011

Meet Flora


** Fabulous Flora ** The Wizard Citation Sewing Machine

I inherited this sewing machine from my great Aunt Ella, unfortunately, I didn't inherit the manual. I went online to the Brother Co. and requested the instructions but sadly they gave me a "sorry we are unable to help as it is no longer available" email. I really need to find help on this as it has so many settings. I could get by but it would be nice to put it to it's full use.

If anyone knows where I might inquire or has any idea how to use it, I would so appreciate if you would drop me a line.

Thanks in advance (fingers crossed)!

7 comments:

Lola Nova said...

What a cool looking machine! I found a link that might be useful. It looks like they may have the manual under "Western Auto zig zag" if you scroll down a bit. I'm sure you could email them to make sure. They have it for $17.00. Hope this helps
http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/InventoryPage/1520854/1.html

Monica said...

Sorry, can't help you. I did want to say that I like your new background. Have a great weekend!

Sherri B. said...

Thank you Lola Nova for the info, the link is great and my manual will be on its way in the next mail.

This is a link that everyone should keep for future reference.

Unknown said...

Well, she's pretty. I hope that link is useful. Would be nice to see what you can make with her. :)

Andi's English Attic said...

I want to be a Great Aunt Ella when I get older! Great Aunt Ellas sound a lot of fun. Perhaps I should change my name in anticipation?

Disgraceful of the company not to have a copy of the manual in their archives they could have photocopied for you. Glad you were able to find one elsewhere. xx

Princess and the Pea said...

I love old sewing machines, I have one that my husband found in a locker at the university where he works, somebody had used it as a prop for an installation and then just left it behind!

Kami said...

What a cool sewing machine! Hopefully you can get the manual - that machine is probably such a workhorse.