Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Happy Days

I must share some of my thrifty finds of the last two days. These dining chairs rank among the best deals I have ever gotten. I got to the Kiwanis thrift shop shortly after opening and went right out back where they unload the truck and sitting there in a little well behaved group were these beauties. They had to be priced and the nice man in charge said, "How about $5.00 a piece if you take all of them." That makes it $30.00, one captain chair and 5 sides. They are made by Drexel and are the most beautiful wood. They will live at the Vancouver house and I
will be on the lookout for a table to complete the set.
This stopped me in my tracks. The Red Door had the title as "Racing Against The Stork" The photo does nothing for the print. I have always wanted to be a midwife and think this would be fantastic hanging in a birthing center. That's if you could ever pry it out of my hands.

No, I won't be leaving that fabric on the chairs. Those silver things are 2 ladyfinger trays.
Another grandma towel and a cookbook that I once had but don't know where it is..

This is the sweetest folk artish small note board and looks to be made from a small old washboard.


A very nice full sheet from The Company Store, obviously not vintage so I guess I have to sell it as fabric.

If you like bright then this is it.

How precious is this little girls apron?
*
It was a good two days with quite a bit more than I shared with you. Much will go into the shop but that will have to wait until tomorrow as I am pooped out.
*
Good night to you all.





9 comments:

Lola Nova said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you got those chairs for5 a piece, amazing! I love all your other treasures too. That painting is fantastic and a great idea for the birthing center but, I wouldn't let it go either!
Good night

Heidi said...

You hit the motherload on those chairs...all of it! Wow

Michelle said...

I want to be a child so I can wear that adorable apron!

Vintage Home said...

...wow great score...love the chairs...And I can't wait to see them recovered!

Katiebee said...

Great finds! I can't wait to see what you do with the chairs~

Happy Weekending!

Floss said...

What fantastic finds! Do you know The Queen of Fifty Cents? She has some lovely chairs on her blog today that remind me of yours.

Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers this week (and before).

Nan said...

Wow what a deal on those beautiful chairs. I guess you will be getting new covers on the seats then. I love that light colored wood and have some in my home too.

Princess and the Pea said...

Hi Sherri, lovely finds this week! I love that little girls apron... shame it doesn't have a back, I would wear it as a top!

I didn't know your other house was in Vancouver! Did I tell you we'd been thinking about one day moving to Candada? Well, Vancouver is where we're thinking. We're visiting at Easter next year to see what we think. It would be nice to meet up while we're there if you're around!

Life in Rehab said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, you found some fabulous stuff! Love the chairs!