Monday, November 28, 2011

Let The Fun Begin



I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had a chance to spend time with friends and loved ones. Now that we have polished off the turkey and all of the leftovers, it is time to polish some of our special things that been ignored (obviously) for some time now.

I always look forward to bringing out all of my favorite Christmas decorations and after all of that cooking and dish washing, it is so much fun just feeling like a kid again!



I just love Santa and have started a collection, it is still small but how exciting to keep finding new ones to add to it. This one was from my sweet Mister last year, thanks again honey!




A recent thrift find of yards and yards of these mini glass garlands, I almost made a squealing sound in the shop when I found it..he he!



We have decided to put up a real tree this year in the Little House as the artificial one gave it up last year, its limbs no longer willing to hold the load that I put on them.
We will be off to a U-Cut place to try to find a skinny 7Ft. Noble to fit in the small corner by the window....Wish us luck!

December 1st is when we turn the outside lights on and the Christmas tree will be all done, fingers crossed! I will share some of that soon.


Have a great Monday! xo

14 comments:

Edward said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Looks like your place is going to be very nice for Christmas, the Santa looks great there certainly are a lot of different ones out there. Good luck with the Christmas tree!
Regards
Edward

Elizabeth Edwards said...

looks like some work is needed there. hope it goes smoothly for you. i love christmas. i loved fresh trees as a kid (still do.)...but something about them always made me break out with a rash. so i've always used a fake one since we got married. but it's just beautiful. almost real to me. (:

Lola Nova said...

Oh my, what special things you have to decorate with! I am going to have to wrap my head around the fact that it's that time of year! I think next week I'll be able to put on my festive hat and get to it!

Best of luck with the tree, it's so fun to cut your own PG loves it every year!

Unknown said...

I so wish we had enough space for a real tree! Yours is going to be great, I can tell. You have so many beautiful Christmas decorations. :)

We couldn't help ourselves, and started decorating for Christmas as soon as we were home from dinner on Thanksgiving.

RDA Pony Tales said...

Oh, I would have squealed with delight if I had found that glass garland too!
Looking forward to seeing your tree all decorated :)

Christine said...

We always wait til the 1st to turn on the outside lights also. Many of our neighbors have already turned theirs on. I packed up all fall decor today and will gradually get out some Christmas deco this week.

Michelle said...

Really a stunning glass garland!

camp and cottage living said...

Sherri
You have a nice collection to get you started. I
look forward to seeing that 7' tree all lit up!
As for cleaning the silver, I never get much further than thinking about it! I was happy when the fad went to the tarnished look.

Rebecca Nelson said...

If not for allergies I'd have a real tree every single year. Can't wait to see yours all lit up!

YUMMMMEEEE for sure!

xoRebecca

Vintage Home said...

Am totally loving your decorations ...I have had huge intakes of breath too @ thrift stores!
Your santa is wonderful ...his bag of pears with the sweet partridge on top is the best!
I am crazy about noble firs! they are wonderful ...lucky you!
Thanks for dropping by!

Katiebee said...

yeah for thrift shop finds!!!!! your mister did good with the santa, lucky you!

can't wait to see your halls all decked!

xo

katie

Lap Dog Knits said...

Love the photos...your house will be so lovely, warm, inviting..all the good things this holiday brings.
I can't wait to see it all - hope you'll post lots of pictures!!
We have the tree up, but no decorations yet.
I keep hoping a little elf will come while we sleep and do it for me:)
Enjoy your day!

no spring chicken said...

You squealed? I would have collapsed! Its taken me years to accumulate yards of glass bead garland. With a crazy cat, I was afraid to use any of my antique ornaments this year... I look forward to seeing your beautiful tree!

Blessings, Debbie

Catherine said...

The glass garland is beautiful!