Monday, September 26, 2011

That's What I Get For Trying

Good Monday morning to you all. Hope you all had a nice first weekend of Fall. We were busy on Saturday getting things done outside, as our first fall storm came in on Sunday with wind and sideways rain. Today we have a stronger one coming in a few hours and the Wind Advisory warns of potential power outages as "The trees have their sails on"...sometimes the NOAA forecast discussion authors fancy themselves novelist and get a bit fancy in their wording.

I'm sure you notice the new look. I got all happy and brave this morning and took the dreaded plunge...wanting to be like all of you 'normal' bloggers that actually have a photo on your header, I said to myself..."You can do it"! So here we are, a photo and everything else rearranged on the page....and yes, I already went to layout and chose the one I had, several times, even restarting my computer and trying new templates, some didn't even show my blog at all.....Can you hear me weeping? This is why I am afraid to try anything new. Well this is just to warn you that every time you come to visit it will be different....next time you will probably see me standing on my head, flipping my blog with my feet !!

Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. xo
*
Update!! - Now the placement is fixed...making me out to be a liar now, hahaha!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see your header and it is lovely. I hope the storms don't hit you too bad.

no spring chicken said...

It looks fabulous! I love the photo you chose... Makes me want to curl up inside with a good book and warm cup of coffee. Exactly my favorite mood.

Blessings, Debbie

Katiebee said...

oh sherri i love the new look! perfect picture!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I cheated. I had my hubby upload my header after I created it. I tried for four days to figure it out on my own before crying out for help. :(

LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!

xoRebecca

Vintage Home said...

Girl I am scared stiff to try newthings...cuzmany times I have to run up to the UNDO button!'
Thanks for dropping by...I agree with you!...I changed the colour!!

camp and cottage living said...

Sherri
You are so brave! I'm scared that I'll lose everything, so I do nothing!!
Your new banner is great. Do you have fog rolling in like that often?
I would love a picture of you standing on your head doing whatever that was you were going to do with your feet! I bet it would go viral!

RDA Pony Tales said...

Your header picture is wonderful :)
I hope the storm is not too bad heading your way. Last week when the squirrels got blown out the tree nest in the storm, our power lines went down too. This week we are having a heatwave and the weather is hotter than it was in the middle of summer!

Leah said...

hi! thanks for stopping by my blog..Zoe loves tagging along on adventures with her parents..love your header photo! :)

Lynn said...

Lovin' your cool new fall header-looks great:@)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i noticed right off the bat...it is beautiful...i am always afraid too...scared i am going to erase my blog ....

thanks for the kind words on my new sign....

kary and teddy
xo

Michelle said...

Your new header photo looks great!!!! Don't be afraid....it is looking good!

Michelle said...

I LOVE that picture on your header! Now I'm tempted to try something new on my blogs. Ever since I was a kid I have always wanted to copy everything you do.......remember? Love Yah Sis!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Hope you don't lose power! Computers sure can be frustrating... I know this feeling well. Hope you get it all set up just the way you want it soon.

Unknown said...

Wow, I love the new look! Your header is beautiful, and the layout is airy and light. Well done. :)

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love it Momma....your like me!

Kathy said...

Your photo header is beautiful - lovely, serene image. I have loved trying things and take the plunge - the best thing to do is to save the template code before changing anything - if something doesn't work - you can reapply - I oftentimes copy and save the HTML code of the post I am working on in case I mess that up - have done that more times than I'd care to share!!!
It is a lot of fun-
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Kathy

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

It's GORGEOUS!! And, honestly, I think ALL bloggers have a steep learning cure with the IT side. It's a lot to learn but it's LOVELY when it finally comes together, isn't it?!

Sarahx