Monday, February 6, 2012

Garden Dreaming


There might be frost on the ground and temps in the 20's at night, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming about the garden.

The chickens are having thoughts of things to come also with their job of fertilizing and tilling the soil.



The seed catalogs have been arriving for weeks now and so I have been making lists while looking at the beautiful photos from this catalog put out by Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds...Oh my, the photos are stunning!



This is a very large, magazine style and size catalog and one that you really should have in your mailbox.



Territorial Seed Company is from Oregon and has built a broad audience and great reputation..I never go without this one and their seeds have been in our garden for over a decade.

Here are the links to Baker Creek and Territorial, I highly recommend them both to you.

Must run..I'm off again down the road and will check in on you all later today. Have a great Monday! xo

15 comments:

farmer said...

I can't wait to go look through the Baker creek one!
I like buying from Seed savers in Iowa.
I was seed shopping in November then again on Friday.
I want to get a few things started before baby arrives....according to my husband I have a seed addiction...

Lap Dog Knits said...

Happy Dreaming...it's the best when you can plan out new gardens...repeats from years past and oh so many new prospects.

Here - it's gardening all year round - the weeds, always available.

Enjoy your day - can't wait until the garden is underway and we get to see!!!

Alison said...

I haven't bought from Baker Creek, but they do put out a gorgeous catalog! I love Territorial, I buy seeds from them every year. They have some grafted tomatoes that I think I might try this year. Good luck with your garden and your seed-buying. I always buy more than I can reasonably plant.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

we need a garden here. sounds yummy. oh, i can't wait to see what you plant. (:

Lynn said...

Always exciting to begin planning the garden and dreaming of spring! Thanks for the links:@)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I ordered most of my flower and a few of my veggie seeds last week... it's almost time to start my impatiens and petunias (indoors that is)! I can hardly wait :)

~Chris

camp and cottage living said...

Sherri
Those lovely pictures would make anyone ready for gardening!
I, too, can't wait to get out of the house and into some dirt.

Lola Nova said...

Oh yes, I've been dreaming too! We have been using Territorial for many years now. Goodness, I can almost taste the fresh spinach!

Happy dreaming Sherri!
xo

Leigh said...

Baker Creek has the most wonderful catalogue. I just got my order from them the other day! Love the photo of the chicken in the garden.

Vintage Home said...

hmmm the sun has been so wonderful...who can't think of spring!
but we must wait!...I bought roses @ the grocery ...just had to have them!

Homesteading wife said...

Beautiful pictures. I can't wait for spring! I want you to know that you've been awarded the Leibster Award. Just come on over and claim it.

Christine said...

I just got back from Padre Island in south Texas and it is spring there. Came back home to freezing temps. I am so ready for warmer weather and being out in the yard planting.

Monica said...

I need to see about finding some good seed sources here. This is definitely the year of more vegetables in the garden.

polkadotpeticoat said...

I'll dream with you....

Comfrey Cottages said...

I am starting to plot out my garden too:) Reworking the herb beds also, so keeping busy here, dreaming! xx