Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Taste Of Winter



We woke up to snow this morning, most of it has melted off now but will freeze tonight and usher in an all out winter event. I went shopping yesterday afternoon to stock up on the necessities, just in case it really gets ugly. The Pacific Northwest is very odd that way...a bit of snow can turn into an ice rink in a short amount of time and reduce a respectable 4 wheel drive rig into a useless sled..best to stay at home.




The chickens finally ventured out, not trusting that strange white stuff earlier...the bugs must have come out too.

I hope you all are having a nice weekend so far. I will post tomorrow about the weather if it gets interesting. For now, I think I'll go take some cuttings of the French Pussy willow (top photo) and pop them in a vase. xo

10 comments:

Christine said...

We woke up to a dusting of snow one day last week but by noon it had melted. Just the way I like it.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind a day or two of snow, but definitely nothing too extreme. The weather channel says we might see it between now and Tuesday, but we'll see. We're pretty close to sea level where I live...

Your photos are so pretty. It's neat to see the same corner of fencing in your banner as the first photo.

RDA Pony Tales said...

We are having a cold spell here in UK too. Snow on the hills but just a hard frost on lower ground.
Stay warm and cosy in your home, and take good care if you do go out in the car.
I love pussy willow, great idea to bring some inside :)
Abby xx

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

We got snow late Friday/early Saturday too... about 2 inches or so. Then got up to the newspaper saying the "first" snowfall would be Saturday afternoon... Saturday afternoon was bright, blue skies and sunshine. That's the Pacific Northwest for you :)

~Chris

polkadotpeticoat said...

Looks wonderful.....I decided to embrace the snow like your hens.

Michelle said...

We had a dusting and some terribly cold temps. It continues, but should warm up tomorrow. Stay warm!

Sherry said...

It's more than a taste today and still coming down!

Monica said...

We had a half a day of snow back in December, that's it. At least we had sun today and yesterday. Haven't had that in ages. Happy Sunday to you!

Yolanda said...

I heard from friends there of the snow. I miss Oregon a lot but I love being back in the south but the Northwest and her beauty reside always in my heart. Hope you have a lovely week.

Vintage Home said...

oh I do love Pussy Willow...we are enjoying the snows beauty...but sadly it is very crunchy right now...but we are all snug and together!