Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cold Showers



Saturday afternoon, our water started getting a bit cool, not a good sign. I have always been comforted by having gas heat and water, if electricity goes out we suffer very little. Never did I think about a pilot light going out and not wanting to stay lit.....Oh boy! I had no idea the amount of times I use the hot water, being an excessive hand washer (always in the kitchen) and food prep then the clean up and how about a nice warm shower every morning.

The gas man just left and it looks like it has nothing to do with their part of the system, so that means it will need to be replaced and preferably by.....YESTERDAY!

Now that I have had to move many things around and found far too many dust bunnies, or maybe I should say dust bears, I have decided it is time for a good clean out..wish me luck.

Hope you are having a good week, with no 'surprises'. xo

15 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i do believe we all have dust bears some wheres in our homes. i love that!! so cute. i'm sorry to hear you are having these troubles. sure hope it will heal soon. my parents are needing a part of theirs & it has been on back order for over a month. they keep their fingers crossed & saying a prayer ... hoping nothing will go wrong until the part arrives. we will see. keep us posted. (:

Unknown said...

Hope you get hot water soon!!! It's amazing how much we rely on our everyday amenities!!!
Stay warm!
Chris :o)

Lola Nova said...

Oh dear! We have had a surprise of two of our outlets on the fritz for no apparent reason, not good though better than no hot water!

I am due for a big clean out as well, I wish you luck and beware of dust bears.

Edward said...

Oh I know the feeling of no hot water and it is a very unpleasant one, I hope you get hot water very soon. Good luck with your clean up.
Regards
Edward

Lap Dog Knits said...

Bummer - we had our's go out once- while trying to get ready for work...hope you get it fixed fast!!

Three cheers for modern days!!

Andi's English Attic said...

Oh that's horrible. Hope you are able to have a nice hot shower very soon.

ps - whenever a pilot light refuses to stay lit in our house, it's usually been something called the 'thermocouple'. It's just a thin copper wire that burns out easily. Ask your guy to double check before shelling out for a new boiler. xx

Lynn said...

Cold showers aren't fun in July let alone January! Hope you can get it replaced right away:@)

Michelle said...

I do hope you get this fixed ASAP! This happened to us a couple of years ago. No fun!

Katiebee said...

dust bears...*LOL*

wishing you hot water soon!

xo

katie

Leigh said...

Oh no, what a horrible thing to have happen and at a bad time of year! Brrr.

polkadotpeticoat said...

We just had our water softner go out and when my hair turned orange from the iron......momma got right on it...450.00 later though, good luck

Unknown said...

Yikes! Good luck to you. I definitely take hot water for granted, especially in the middle of winter. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

Kami said...

Ugh - I don't know what I would do without hot water. Beg my husband incessantly until a new heater magically appeared....

ted and bunny said...

you'll just LOVE your city house woodburner- but I bet right now all you really want is some hot water!
Thinking of you and sending WARM virtual thoughts!
xx

Vintage Home said...

...we know how we really appreciate something especially HOT Water!