Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kiwi

We have introduced kiwi to the mix at the Little House. If all goes well they (husband and wife) will grow, be happy and produce prolifically on the gazebo. We gave the grapes plenty of opportunity to do the same but they dawdled too long. We left them in the ground next to the kiwi for spite. (maybe they will get jealous and finally grow.).....That is the male plant above.

Here is the female plant. The instructions said to keep them from strong wind but we are pretending that doesn't mean Straight of Juan de Fuca wind. Ha.


This is what I have to tackle today at the other house. There is an Italian plum tree there somewhere.



And I am pretty sure we have an Asian pear tree amongst those blackberry vines. This is what you get in the Northwest in the spring if you turn your back for too long.....I am off to tackle the jungle, send help if you don't hear from me.




4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Sherri, I have always wanted to grow Kiwi... please keep us informed on how they do. Also, you should link this up to An Oregon Cottage's Garden Party Tour... at anoregoncottage.com. Hope to see you over there:)

Sherri B. said...

Heather, Kiwi is supposed to do very well in the NW and I will give updates on it. :: I will check out the link, thanks.

Princess and the Pea said...

If you're not back in 10 minutes, we'll just wait longer. x

Andi's English Attic said...

Good luck with the kiwi and good luck with the rest of the garden. I have a similar wrestling match ahead with ivy. It's very pretty in the right place, but... xx