Wednesday, September 26, 2012

American Enchiladas

Good morning friends, I hope you are having a nice week...it's Wednesday already, this week is flying by! 

Today's casserole is from Leigh who is the author of the blog '5 Acres and A Dream'. If you haven't gone for

a visit I suggest you hop on over as she has a wealth of information on all things pertaining to the self

sufficient lifestyle.





Leigh explains that this is not at all what you would call a Mexican dish, even though she picked up the recipe

while living in Texas, she would not even classify it Tex-Mex.....and so that is why it's 'American'.

You can find the recipe and the entire post on this here.

Thank you Leigh for your contribution.

*

Well friends, we have a few more days to go, so please send me something...anything that is in one dish and

goes in the oven can be a casserole, so please email me, you don't want to miss out on a chance at the

'Vintage Cake' book.  Your chances of winning are really good as I'm definitely 'not' The Pioneer Woman,

where you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than winning that gorgeous mixer with the

flowers on it....not that I'm obsessing over it or anything like that..(sigh).


Have a sweet day and I'll see you tomorrow.  xo




8 comments:

Annmarie Pipa said...

yum!!! I have tasted and enjoyed this recipe at parties...but never made it. I will now!! thank you!!
happy Wednesday!

polkadotpeticoat said...

This looks divine...

Lynn Proctor said...

so funny you posted this casserole today--i have been toying with the thought of making this---you may have read about my menu and cooking issues haha---but this one intrigues me and intimidates me for some stupid reason :)

Alison said...

Oh, I have an enchilada recipe that actually came form PW! It's really good, but this one looks good too. I love the idea of incorporating vegetables into the filling. Enchiladas really aren't that difficult, and they're so yummy!

Nantucket Daffodil said...

Anything cheesy is the best!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Enchiladas are so good! Funny about the PW, I do still sign up for the give-aways though, you never know:@)

Leigh said...

Thanks to you, I'm hungry for it now! Thanks for publishing this Sherri!

Sandra said...

That looks good :)

I have to send you a recipe this morning. :)