Friday, April 2, 2010

Tulip Fields

There was a break in the weather the other day so I pulled over and took these. I didn't get out of the car as the side of the road had parked cars. You can pay a small sum to go on the edge of the fields to take pictures. I was on my way to do Costco shopping and the dogs said they didn't see any place that they could get out so let's stick to the plan (sometimes they are so sensible), take some pics. and get on with it.

When you are driving along the highway the colors look like a beautiful quilt, it is breathtaking.
I am so glad I took the time to do this as we have a bad storm coming today and I don't know what it will look like after that.



The tulips are not yet in full bloom so you can imagine how pretty it is when they are.


I wish the pictures were better but I am kind of proud of my little camera, it doesn't do too bad most of the time.






We were going to leave today for the trip down I-5 but the storm is going to be real nasty all along our drive and Portland is getting hit too so we decided to leave in the morning when it starts settling down.
I will be doing another post later today with some picture I took from the French magazine. The lights are flickering so if I don't get to it then you will know we have lost electricity. Happy Easter now just in case.










2 comments:

Lola Nova said...

What beautiful photos! I love the tulip fields. I hope you have a safe drive down our way. We have been hit with just about every kind of weather today. I barely made it into the house with the groceries without being swept away by wind and hail! And now the sun is poking out.

Enjoy your weekend with family and have a happy Easter!

Yasmine said...

I definitely have to move towards south...