Monday, June 10, 2013

Snail Mail Not Dead After All

Since I'm not one to mince words, I will start right off with a warning...
If you are 'not' extremely alarmed with the fact that 'all' of our tech activities are being collected then read no further...You have been warned.

This post is not a debate.  I am a reasonable person and I am not an idiot.  I take information gathering very seriously and take the time to keep up with all of the news, with all of the distasteful things that are going on here in the United States and as much as possible word wide.

I realize that our world is a dangerous place and we need to take many precautions to keep our country safe.  The Patriot act was designed to do that...I was not a big fan of that but at the time, could see the need for it.  The original design was for specific targeted individuals out of country and limited in scope.  It was not designed to cast a wide net and gatherer all the information of all citizens in the U.S.



As citizens of the United States, we are guaranteed privacy and the 4th Amendment of the Constitution protects us from unreasonable searches and seizures...See Here.

We are not all criminals until proven innocent...that is for other countries, like Mexico, for example.



We are supposed to feel safe in our homes, to be able to protect our belongings and loved ones.  Also to be safe to express our thoughts and inner most feelings even on our computers when we visit each other on our blogs.  That is a reasonable expectation unless we have broken the law in some way or are in the process of planning something horrid against our fellow man and country.

We can put up signs of warning to protect our property......

But what signs can we put up to protect our words and photos?  None!!

Unfortunately, we have lost all trust in our government...the IRS scandal is just the first one that comes to mind.  And, I might remind you, if you are thinking "It doesn't affect me", that those were the words from people back when Hitler was having his way....you all remember that, now don't you?



Now that we have gotten all of that out of the way, I will get to the real point of this post.

As far as I know, the government couldn't possibly open all of the snail mail and read it and then seal it back up and send it on (oh wait, maybe that's why it takes so long, just kidding),

So, for those of you that are interested (thank you to those that have already emailed me) , I will exchange physical addresses with you, just email me and we will go from there.

This is not some secret weird thing, no back room conspiracy correspondence, just a woman, wife, mother, grandmother, sister...etc....that would like to still have some privacy.  Is that too much to ask?

I will end this post now and get back to my normal, regular life.

Much love to you all.  xo




5 comments:

momto8 said...

it is unbelievable isn't it? who would have ever imagined?! maybe you are right, but I have my suspicions even about snail mail!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

1st thought - did you seriously believe that all you do is private?

not saying i think it should not be private...

i totally agree with you that every thing you do is your God given right to do so ... amendments & all.

but come on now - did you seriously think it was all totally private? really?

i don't. i knew it ... i still know & feel it is going on. remember when they were talking about drones ... i bet there are flying around all the time getting all sorts of info.

i knew when we went through the Border Patrol from USA into Canada - they knew everything about the hubby & myself. how long the hubby has been working, where were going, etc. etc. the Canada lady even asked if the hubby was bringing me to get a job? - well, slap me in the face, i guess Canada does not find me good enough to be a citizen of theirs. feeling were hurt there. sad face.

i know that if you mail something using the USPS you are giving them the right to check your mail??! why do i say that ... if anything would come up & you were asked what was in the package & they felt threatened or uneasy about what you were mailing they would open immediately. no questions asked. feel you are using their system they have the right to open any & all packages if the need is there.

when i go in Walmart, Banks or any where that they have cameras you better believe i wave ... i am only being friendly. i think why not?

often when i am talking to my Mom i hear clicking or other noises & i will say to Mom (& yes, we have Verizon & that is so not cool what they did??!) "they are listening" but if they really want to listen to me talk about blah, blah, blah, i will just say listen away because my conversation are not that interesting. promise. ha. ha!! me, i have no secrets. ( :

but being a Christian & walking in my faith - i seriously can no think of what all the Government is doing to us citizens because if i had i think i would be a nervous wreck. so i keep the faith that GOD will keep us safe & sound.

what are you planning? have you heard of some one mailing something to help out or? sorry - i was a bit confused about you saying email you about your addresses? thanks!! ( :

camp and cottage living said...

Sherri
I live in Canada now, but I am still a U.S. citizen and I can't believe what's been happening there!
It's outrageous.
I just said to my husband today that writing letters sounds like the only 'safe' way to correspond.
Not that I have anything to hide!

Andi's English Attic said...

Beth, whenever I heard a click on the phone when talking to my bestest friend we used to start making up conversation about the underwear we were wearing! It was kind of a code between us that one of us had heard a click.
It is outrageous and I don't for one minute believe their assurances - does anyone? I am afraid that this leads to more sinister things than I care to imagine. I'm beginning to think the conspiracy theorists are correct. xx

Coulda shoulda woulda said...

In the UK we have CCTV pretty much everywhere. We are also being physically watched. Crazy thing is we get used to it. I don't know it this is bridge of no return though...I don't think this is really going to stop but just go even more stealth!